Those who really know me, know that I am a huge planner. Spur of the moment doesn't really cut it for me - it gives me anxiety. When we decided to move out to here to California, the decision was made and we moved within a week and a half. We had no idea what was in store for us here. All we knew was that Daniel was going to go to school. We ended up buying a house because it was cheaper than rent and both landing jobs very quickly.
Here we are 2 years and 1 child later... We have made another huge decision, perhaps even bigger decision than the last. We have joined the Army. Lets be realistic - I've joined too, just in a different way. Many people thought it was a decision we made quickly. We discussed it with just a few people. However, what people don't realize is this decision has been a long time comin'. Daniel swore into the Army September 11, 2013. We immediately started getting our house ready to put on the market. The house was on the market September 24th (I think) and in contract October 7th (which is also my birthday! Great birthday gift, huh).
I think this will be one of the hardest moves I will make for many reason. Besides the Army business, Daniel and I have transformed this house. When we moved in there was nothing except a crappy kitchen and bathroom. We have molded this house into a home. A home that we love. We have put our sweat, blood, tears (okay, my tears) into this place, began our family of 3 here, etc... Maybe it's so hard because everything is kind of unknown territory right now. Who knows where we will be this time next year. Again, I'm a planner, so that is hard for me.
Leaving the friends we have made here is going to be so tough. Whether they be friends we made at work, or through our ward family, it's going to be so hard. We've made many friendships that mean so much to us. So grateful for FB, Skype and Dominion online :) At the moment, I have to put it out of my mind. If I don't, I'm going to lose it and start bawling like a baby. Ain't nobody got time fa' that!
Anyway, just so I can preserve the memory of the changes to my house (and the cleanliness), here are before and after pictures:
Before....
| Just for fun... She's a bleeder. |
AFTER...
















No comments:
Post a Comment