Saturday, July 2, 2011

Not your typical vacation!

My family has been coming up to Chester, California (Lake Almanor area, Mount Lassen, etc.) for many, many years now. My grandparents had built a cabin here in approximately 1979 with their own hands. Sadly, in 2009, they decided to sell their cabin. So for the past couple years, my family has rented a cabin in Lake Almanor's Country Club. It is pretty awesome. The cabin is right on the lake; boat access is convenient, and it has a beautiful view.

So, I've been coming to Chester ever since I was a little kid. The second night of our vacation, the family ventured down to our beloved swimming hole. We have spent so much time fishing, swimming, and relaxing in this area. It has always been a place my family LOVES to go. So we were able to spend a little bit of time there.

When we got back up to the car, I was the first one there. I noticed that someone threw a rock through the passengers side of my mom's new car. I stood there in complete shock for a few seconds. There was glass all over the ground and inside the car. The "scumbag" took my mothers brand new Michael Kors purse, which contained all of the essentials (of course): iPhone, wallet, real estate things. We were able to track down a sheriff and report this, but the likelihood of her getting her things back are slim-to-none.

This happened our first day of our vacation, and put a little damper on the trip. My mom was busy cancelling cards, trying to order a new iPhone, get real estate work done, etc. Luckily, by the end of our trip most things are back in order. My mother has a new iPhone, credit cards, but is still lacking her lamb skin purse.

We were able to experience a few summer thunderstorms! That is not very typical for California. It ended up being a good vacation, even though it had a bumpy start.

 This deer came within like 7 ft. of me. Probably because I was feeding her strawberries.

 This is at the swimming hole, probably while the car was being broken into. We couldn't hear the car alarm because the falls were so loud!

 The swimming hole again. It's running so high and fast this year.

 We love Buffalo Chips. Best pizza in Westwood, CA. Ha

 At Buffalo Chips! Yum.

 My mom putting a trash bag in place of her window.

My grandma and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment